A really good smoothie is hard to find so instead I’ve created a perfect recipe that can be adapted to almost any flavour or consistency. It’s a really healthy drink that can be served in a bowl or on-the-go, so it is perfect for every lifestyle. Since it has oats in it, it will slowly release energy so you’ll feel great until lunchtime. You can also vary the amount of liquid in it, so whether you like your smoothies thick (like me) or runny, you’ll love this recipe. Also, this recipe has no added sugar in it, only fruit. Instead, the delicious blend of nuts, oats and fruit adds just the right amount of sweetness. If you are allergic to dairy, you can substitute the milk and yoghurt for any nut-based milk, which may change the taste a bit but only for the better!
- 1 banana
- Handful of oats
- 1/4 pint of milk
- Tablespoon of yoghurt
- Handful of frozen fruit- I like mango and strawberries (also makes it thicker)
- Juice of 1/2 lime (add to taste)
- Handful of nuts- I like cashews
- Add all the ingredients but the fruit to the mixer. Blend until smooth.
- Add the fruit and blend.
- Taste the smoothie. Add another squeeze of lime to it if needed.
- Pour it into a bowl and top it off with some granola and fress fruit or pour it in a glass and you’re good to go!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Comment your favourite smoothie flavour down below…