If you haven’t had a soft pretzel then here is the perfect time to try one! The light, fluffy texture on the inside and the crispy, golden outer layer creates the perfect snack for any time of day. This super easy recipe will have you thanking yourself for making it in no time!
- 2 cups milk
- 2 packets of dried yeast
- 5 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 6 cups of flour
- 5 tablespoon of diced butter
- a teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of baking soda
- 3 cups of water
- coarse salt
- Heat the milk until it is around body temperature, so it feels neither hot nor cold.
- Add the yeast and let it sit for three minutes or until it is foaming slightly.
- Then add half the flour and the sugar and mix until it has formed a sticky, wet dough.
- Add in the butter and stir until there are no visible clumps.
- Stir in the remaining flour and the salt.
- Knead for 5-10 minutes or until it has formed a smooth yet sticky dough.
- Place in a greased bowl and cover. Leave to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 225° celsius (450° Fahrenheit).
- Take out the dough and punch the air out.
- Divide into twelve equal pieces.
- Roll out each piece to about 70-75cm (30 inches) and make into a pretzel shape. (use this video to help shape it)
- Make the baking soda solution by adding the baking soda to 3 cups of warm water. Dissolve it completely.
- Carefully dip each pretzel into the solution for about 3-5 seconds, until it has a smooth texture.
- Place on the baking sheet and repeat with the rest.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these pretzels as much as I did! If you do, like and subscribe! Comment down below how yours went…